Prepare for an extraordinary move of God as we embark on the 21-day Daniel Fast, beginning January 21, 2017 at 12:01 am and concluding February 10,2017 at 11:59 pm
Families may team up together or connect with someone.
What is the Daniel Fast?
The Daniel Fast is a biblically based partial fast. It is a method of fasting that men, women and young people all over the world are using as they enter into the spiritual discipline of prayer and fasting. There are two anchoring scriptures for the Daniel Fast. In Daniel 1 the Prophet ate only vegetables (that would have included fruits) and drank only water.
And in Daniel 10 we read that the Prophet ate no meat nor any precious breads or foods.
- Eat only fruits, vegetables, dried beans, and nuts;
- Drink only water or all-natural juices for beverage;
- No sweeteners, breads or dairy products.
Fasting should never bring harm to the body. Be sure to consult your health professional before going on the Daniel Fast or making any major dietary change.
Outcomes of Fasting
- Increased level of intimacy with God;
- Heightened sensitivity to God; and
- Next Dimension experience i.e. abundant power; abundant glory; abundant provision.
Another important guideline is drawn from Jewish fasting principles, where no leaven is used during the fast. Do not use yeast, baking powder and the like on the Daniel Fast.
Finally, be prayerful and read the Word during your fast and expect spiritual breakthroughs and miracles.
Daily Bible Passages and Prayer Guide for 21-Day Daniel’s Fast
- Day 1 - January 21 - Believe - Heb 11:6
- Day 2 - January 22 - God’s Love for You - Rom 5:10
- Day 3 - January 23 - Thanksgiving - Phil 4:6
- Day 4 - January 24 - Live Ready: Expect God- Luk 12:40
- Day 5 - January 25 - My-5 & New Believers - Matt 5:14
- Day 6 - January 26 - Repentance - Mark 1:15
- Day 7 - January 27 - Forgiveness - Matt 18:21-22
- Day 8 - January 28 - God’s Grace & Mercy - II Cor 12:9
- Day 9 - January 29 - Healing, Peace & Rest - Matt 11:28-29
- Day 10 - January 30 - Deliverance & Restoration - James 4:7-8
- Day 11 - January 31 - Wisdom & Enlightenment - Eph 1:17-18
- Day 12 - February 1 - Hurting & Needy - I John 3:17-18
- Day 13 - February 2 - Family & Relationships - Prov 17:17
- Day 14 - February 3 - Schools & Children - Deut 6:5-7
- Day 15 - February 4 - Marriages & Future Companions - Prov 3:5-6
- Day 16 - February 5 - America, Israel, Haiti, Africa, DR - Acts 1:8
- Day 17 - February 6 - Live Ready: Expect God - Prov 8:17
- Day 18 - February 7 - Stewardship & Divine Provision - Prov 3:9
- Day 19 - February 8 - Prosperous Business Ventures - Matt 25:14-30
- Day 20 - February 9 - Your Destiny - Jerem 29:11
- Day 21 - February 10 - Strength & Endurance - Isa 40:29-31