Prepare for an extraordinary move of God as we embark on the 21-day Daniel Fast, beginning Wednesday, January 21st at 12:01 am and concluding Tuesday, February 10th at 11:59 pm
Families may team up together or connect with someone.
What is the Daniel Fast?
The Daniel Fast is a biblically based partial fast. It is a method of fasting that men, women and young people all over the world are using as they enter into the spiritual discipline of prayer and fasting. There are two anchoring scriptures for the Daniel Fast. In Daniel 1 the Prophet ate only vegetables (that would have included fruits) and drank only water.
And in Daniel 10 we read that the Prophet ate no meat nor any precious breads or foods.
- Eat only fruits, vegetables, dried beans, and nuts;
- Drink only water or all-natural juices for beverage;
- No sweeteners, breads or dairy products.
Fasting should never bring harm to the body. Be sure to consult your health professional before going on the Daniel Fast or making any major dietary change.
Outcomes of Fasting
- Increased level of intimacy with God;
- Heightened sensitivity to God; and
- Next Dimension experience i.e. abundant power; abundant glory; abundant provision.
Another important guideline is drawn from Jewish fasting principles, where no leaven is used during the fast. Do not use yeast, baking powder and the like on the Daniel Fast.
Finally, be prayerful and read the Word during your fast and expect spiritual breakthroughs and miracles.
Daily Bible Passages and Prayer Guide for 21-Day Daniel’s Fast
We fast to draw closer to God and to be spiritually strengthened for victorious living. In fasting, we devote special attention to nourishing and developing that part of us that connects with God -- our spirit. Pray, read the Word, and spend quality time in meditation daily.
Date - Passage to Read - Prayer Focus
- Day 1: Jan 21 - Phil 4:13; Rom 8:31 - Victory in JESUS
- Day 2: Jan 22 - Luke 19:13; Matt 6:33 - Stewardship
- Day 3: Jan 23 - Matt 9:27-29; Jam 5:16 - Healing
- Day 4: Jan 24 - Ps 51 - Confession
- Day 5: Jan 25 - Eph 1:17-18 - Understanding
- Day 6: Jan 26 - Luke 18:1-8 - Constant Prayer
- Day 7: Jan 27 - Ps 27:14; Heb 12:1-2 - Patience & Endurance
- Day 8: Jan 28 - Ps 100:4; Ps 34:1 - Thanksgiving
- Day 9: Jan 29 - Mark 9:23-29; Rom 10:17 - Personal Faith
- Day 10: Jan 30 - Josh 24:15 - Family
- Day 11: Jan 31 - 2 Tim 2:15 - Study the Word
- Day 12: Feb 1 - Phil 4:13; Rom 8:31 - Victory in JESUS
- Day 13: Feb 2 - Luke 18:15-17 - Children
- Day 14: Feb 3 - Prov. 19:17; Matt 25:40 - Hurting & Needy
- Day 15: Feb 4 - Luke 19:13; Matt 6:33 - Stewardship
- Day 16: Feb 5 - Jerm 29:11; Ps 37:3-5 - God's Plan for You
- Day 17: Feb 6 - Mark 1:17; Mark 16:15 - Soul Winning
- Day 18: Feb 7 - Ps 27:1-5; Rom 8:31 - Protection & Safety
- Day 19: Feb 8 - Isa 26:3; John 14:27 - Peace of Heart
- Day 20: Feb 9 - 1 Cor 12:1-11 - Spiritual Gifts
- Day 21: Feb 10 - John 3:15-17 - Soul Winning
Praying is not only a privilege, it is commanded by Jesus, and is a critical and necessary component of every Believer's daily walk. PASSAGE Partners and friends are encouraged to join Pastor George in prayer by 'praying the Word' and following this daily prayer schedule.